At Physio & Beyond, sports physiotherapy is one of our specialties. Our physiotherapists are well equipped with many years of experience to deal with any sports injury. We deal with acute, traumatic and chronic sports injuries. Whether you are a recreational sports person or an athlete, you can be confident that your physiotherapist will identify the cause of your injury, correct the cause and prevent recurrence.
Sports physiotherapy generally consists of the following but is not limited to:
- Ankle sprains
- Knee injuries
- Muscular strains and spasms
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Shoulder joint laxity
- Spinal injuries
- Wrist and hand injuries
- Groin pains
- Achilles and hamstring tendon problems
- Pelvic instability
- Biomechanical dysfunctions
- Core muscle weakness
Physio & Beyond physiotherapists will use hands on manual treatment with sports specific stretching and strengthening exercises to ensure you retain your fitness, promote adequate healing, minimise re-aggravation and return you to sport as soon as possible. As part of the rehabilitation process for your sports injury, your physiotherapist will also give you advice on how to self-manage your injury and include a home exercise program. This will ensure you maintain your injury-free status beyond physiotherapy.
For more information on sports physiotherapy, or to book an appointment please call physiotherapy Merrylands on (02) 9897 3033.
Get the results you need - Call us today!
Why Choose Us?
Hands on CareWe work towards no double bookings. We believe that when you make time to see us we make sure we are completely focused on you and your needs.
- We're here for you one step at a timeWe work with you through each stage of the recovery and prevention process to ensure understanding, in order to maximise your results.
- Preparing you for tomorrowWe believe prevention is the cure; therefore our aim is to equip you with the skills and knowledge to maintain your results.
- Quality care from people who careOur specialist team is genuinely committed to getting you back on your feet. Your recovery is our number one priority.
We are here to help you get the results you need. Contact our friendly team using the form below or call us at one of our clinics.